COVID19 OFFICE PROCEDURES AND PATIENT CARE
To our valued patient family,
As of right now we plan to REOPEN 05/26/2020 for routine eye care with limited patient encounters! We are so excited to welcome our staff and patients back! We are committed to the safety of our patients and staff. The process for seeing patients will be a little different than what we have been used to in the past. I will share the procedures step by step as we move forward with new patient encounter practices.
The Following is a beginning to end patient flow experience:
1) You should have received a reminder for your appointment via text, email or phone.
2) When you arrive at the office we ask that you CALL FROM YOUR CAR to let us know that you are here for your appointment. We will gather all the pertinent information needed for your visit: insurance information, screening questions for any symptoms of COVID19 and inquire about your concerns for your visit before you enter the office. This will limit your face to face encounter time for your added safety.
3) You will be required to wear an appropriate mask to enter the office, your temperature will be taken by non-contact method, and you will be given hand sanitizer.
4) You will be instructed to go directly to the designated exam room that has been sanitized for your visit. WE ASK THAT ONLY ONE FAMILY MEMBER ENTER THE OFFICE, UNLESS THE PATIENT NEEDS ASSISTANCE OR IS A MINOR! We are trying to limit the number of persons in the office at one time to practice social distancing.
5) While we love to chat with our patients, we are trying to minimize conversations to lessen the exchange of airborne particles. We have installed an air purifier in the main area to further sanitize the environment.
6) We are not requiring gloves, but have hand sanitizer and sinks in the exam rooms should you wish to wash your hands. We are also asking that you bring as little personal belongings into the office as possible as well. We ask that you keep your cell phones in a pocket or small tote bag and keep it with you at all times. The less surfaces touched the better.
7) Please try to be conscious to not touch multiple surfaces or equipment in the office. This again is an effort to minimize any surface transfer of germs.
8) Once your examination is complete we will escort you directly to the optical dispensary, if you are in need of eyeglasses. Only one person at a time will be permitted in this area with the optician. We will assist you with collecting frames for you to try on. They will be disinfected after each patient encounter.
9) Your method of payment for services rendered and materials purchased will be documented remotely from your car at your check-in conversation so you can have a seamless non-contact check-out experience. Your receipt can be physically mailed to you or emailed.
10) Lastly, our staff will look a little different as we will be wearing masks as well. You can be assured that under every mask is a big smile as we welcome you all back!!
Patients will still be able to pick up their eyeglasses or contact lens supplies. Call our office when you arrive in the parking lot and we will place your items on our pick up table outside the office to maintain safe social distancing. We can also do remote adjustments and repairs for your glasses in the same manner. We recommend that you sanitize your hands after picking up your items to exercise the best hygiene for your safety.
ANYONE WHO IS NEED OF ADDITIONAL CONTACT LENS SUPPLIES TO HOLD YOU OVER UNTIL THEIR NEXT APPOINTMENT , WE ARE HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU WITH THAT. WE ARE EXTENDING EXPIRATION DATES AND ARE OFFERING FREE SHIPPING FOR A SMALL SUPPLY , AS LITTLE AS 2 BOXES. THIS OFFER FROM OUR VENDORS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED TO CONTINUE TO SERVICE OUR PATIENTS' VISUAL NEEDS.
Office hours will resume to our normal schedule. We have also added some extra times and days to accommodate those who have been rescheduled.
AS THE CURRENT SITUATION DEVELOPS, WE WILL CONTINUE TO RE-EVALUATE THE LEVEL OF SERVICE AND HEALTH CARE WE ARE COMFORTABLE ADMINISTERING TO OUR VALUED PATIENT FAMILY.
Thank You all for your continued patience and understanding during this very difficult time.
Please be safe and we will work together to get through this! Look forward to "SEEING" you all soon!
Dr. Therese Deschenes & Staff